From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libreoffice 6
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2018 00:22:43
1 On 9/4/18 4:25 PM, Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On Tue, 4 Sep 2018 at 21:08, james <garftd@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> So where do I set the default file type (.doc) for save?
4 >
5 > Possibly in
6 > Tools -> Options -> Load/Save -> General
7
8 Yea it's there; but I have not yet found how to make it permanent (default).
13 >> did I miss a flag or extra module for this traditional behavior
14 >> to set automatically. ?
15 >
16 > I don't seem to have anything special in my compile settings for
17 > libreoffice, so I don't think so. Interestingly, I don't have any of
18 > the three options you list, it's suspicious that all of them are some
19 > kind of 'drawing' format...
22 It a pdf government form. Libreoffice has a whole bunch of graphics
23 boxes along the left hand side, so I guess those defaults are do
24 to how the (pdf) file creator set defaults. Gotta test on a blank
25 text from.
26
27 Testing a raw (newly created) text file does give a differnet list
28 of file save options.
29
30 (gasp) I guess I just gott bite the bullet and sink a couple hours into
31 this 6.x libreoffice. I was back a few version on LO-5.x, just for this
32 reason.....
33
34 thx for the help.
35