From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cloning a Gentoo box
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 14:51:10
1 Ronald Vincent Vazquez wrote:
2
3 >Do you mean to make one install then copy everything over to a new system?
4 >
5 >Dale
6 >:-)
7 >--
8 >gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
9 >
10 >Dale:
11 >
12 >Yes, let say that I install a machine with all my basic software and want
13 >to set up a second machine without having to reinstall. What technique
14 >would you use?
15 >
16 >RV
22 I usually put the drive in and mount them both, say /mnt/old/ and
23 /mnt/new then do a cp -av /mnt/old/* /mnt/new/ then watch all the files
24 scroll by. It has worked for me several times.
25
26 This assumes that the two systems are pretty much identical though. You
27 may have to make a new kernel if the mobos or something is really
28 different. You know, one has one chipset and the other has some other
29 chipset or one has a AMD and the other has a Intel.
30
31 Dale
32
33 :-)