From: Ian Bloss <ianlinkcd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I really clean up gentoo?
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 00:11:02
1 Have you emerge -avc lately?
2
3 On Fri, Aug 26, 2016, 16:58 João Matos <jaoneto@×××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > Hi list,
6 >
7 > First of all, sorry for the English. Second,
8 >
9 > I've been running Gentoo on my desktop for ten years. Single installation,
10 > unique. The system changed a lot and it seems to be using more and more
11 > space at / partition.
12 >
13 > I'm used to clean /usr/portage/distfiles, /usr/src, but today, I've found
14 > many files of packages I no longer use at '/var/lib'. Plex folder, for
15 > instance, was taking 2GB. Some folders at /var/lib I don't even know if is
16 > still been used.
17 >
18 > Is there anything else safe to delete? Is 30 GB insufficient space for a
19 > Gentoo desktop? Some times I have problems to compile packages like
20 > libreoffice, that requires lots of free space.
21 >
22 > Thank u all in advance,
25 > --
26 > João Neto