From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] genkernel assistance building initramfs
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:56:19
1 So, my habit is to have /usr sit on top of LVM on top of mdraid. I
2 really don't want to get into the business of manually managing my own
3 initramfs, and udev >= 181 will eventually hit stable. I want my
4 systems ready before that.
5
6 Now, having looked at the pertinent documentation, it looks like the
7 command I need to run is:
8
9 genkernel --lvm --mdadm --disklabel initramfs
10
11 and then add the initramfs to my grub setup.
12
13 The trouble is, genkernel dies on me. I tried for some feedback in
14 #gentoo-chat, and DrEeevil gave me two clues:
15
16 13:34 <+DrEeevil> that shouldn't even be possible
17 13:36 <+DrEeevil> mikemol: looks like static linking didn't on your system
18
19 I don't know where to take things from here. I'm hesitant to file a
20 bug on b.g.o, because the tail end of genkernel.log specifically says
21 not to file build errors as bug reports.
22
23 So...any ideas? This is an amd64 mostly-stable system, and dracut is
24 still masked on amd64, which is why I'm trying to get genkernel
25 working.
26
27 I've attached genkernel.log
30 :wq