From: YoYo siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Playing Apple Trailers
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 16:31:09
1 On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 07:30:49PM +0000, Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 22 March 2010 19:18:48 Christian Schulze wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I installed www-plugins/gecko-mediaplayer version 0.9.9.2 (masked with
6 > > keywords ~alpha ~amd64 ~hppa ~ppc ~ppc64 ~x86) recently and this works
7 > > great with the Apple Trailers.
8 > >
9 > > It pulls in gnome-mplayer,
10 >
11 > Thanks Christian, I am not sure I want to install a gnome front end to
12 > mplayer. However, it seems that the gecko-mediaplayer plugin only has one
13 > option. Anyone knows if there's an alternative? Qt4 front end like smplayer
14 > would be preferable to me.
15
16 don't know about alternatives, but gnome-mplayer with -gnome use flag
17 (and the same holds for gecko-mplayer) is just a "simple" gtk app,
18 just like firefox itself, nothig gnome specific about it and
19 theoretically it can look better in firefox than qt apps, because they
20 both use the same engine/theme ;)
21
22 with -gnome it also doesn't bring in any gnome dependencies... its just
23 that it is named gnome-... (well, because when you enable it, it can
24 becamu a "full" gnome app..., though I really don't know what gnome
25 features it uses ;)
26
27 yoyo