From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resolving names of local hosts locally
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 22:22:47
1 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Wednesday 02 December 2015 20:37:34 lee wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> is there a way to configure bind so that the names of local hosts,
7 >> i. e. the ones bind is authoritative for, can be resolved without a
8 >> connection to the internet?
9 >>
10 >> I don't like it at all that when the internet connection goes out, no
11 >> name resolution at all is possible. Since the information about the
12 >> local hosts is known to bind from its configuration files, why can't it
13 >> just resolve them?
14 >
15 > Have you looked into net-dns/dnsmasq?
16
17 "Small forwarding DNS server"? Why would I want a forwarding one?