From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] file limit
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 02:10:13
1 On Thursday 23 March 2006 13:50, Bruce Therrien wrote:
2 > Is there a limit to the files contained in a directory?
3 > we have over 19,000 in our store graphics directory
4 > and sometimes cannot acces it because the ftp
5 > software says it's not a directory.
6 > It's on an IBM server running gentoo.
7 >
8 More likely its a limit of the ftp server software or the underlying
9 filesystem than ftp protocol, although you might anticipate timeouts if the
10 transfering of file listings is over a slow connection. Does the ftp server
11 have issues with any other storage spaces? Is it just one big directory or
12 broken down into heirarchy? if the latter, does any particular part seem to
13 be causing issues?
14 --
15 The heart is not a logical organ.
16 -- Dr. Janet Wallace, "The Deadly Years", stardate 3479.4
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list