From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] linux symlink?
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 12:50:16
1 According to the LFS documentation
2 http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter08/kernel.html
3 the /usr/src/linux symlink pointing to the kernel source directory
4 should _NOT_ be created. The gentoo practice is different. Can someone
5 comment on this matter? Is the symlink necessary or is it some
6 historical leftover? I was under the impression that it is necessary to
7 install Nvidia drivers. Is this correct?
8 And what should be done with the System.map file? Copy it to /boot under
9 which name? (I mean, when booting with a particular kernel, how does the
10 kernel know the path to the correct System.map?)
11
12 --
13 Jorge Almeida
14 --