From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LibreOffice 3.4.4: required HDD space
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:31:57
1 James Broadhead wrote:
2 > On 20 November 2011 18:32, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk
3 > <mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk>> wrote:
4 >
5 > On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:07:33 -0500, Michael Mol wrote:
6 >
7 > > Ok, then I'll narrow my guess to the size required being
8 > dependent on
9 > > USE flag combinations.
10 >
11 > Also CFLAGS and architecture, to a lesser extent.
14 > Seeing as the ebuild is 'aware' of CFLAGS and USE, it would be nice if
15 > it would use that information (roughly) to determine how much space to
16 > check for.
17 >
18 > 4-9GiB is a pretty wide range.
22 Then people will complain that it takes to long for emerge to figure out
23 how much space each combination of USE flags will need, if there is even
24 a way to do it. I doubt there is a way to do that unless some dev wants
25 to spend the time compiling each combination and test it.
26
27 The funny thing is, my partition runs out of space on /var so I have to
28 mount portage's work directory on tmpfs to have the space to compile
29 LOo. lol
30
31 Dale
32
36 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!