From: Franz Fellner <alpine.art.de@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] any experience with wayland?
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2020 17:40:44
1 Look here for some hints:
2 https://github.com/elogind/elogind/issues/61
3 Not everything should apply as you are using Gentoo, but I think there
4 might be a solution for you (pam configuration might be a first step).
5 Unfortunately I can't help with elogind as I'm using systemd and there I
6 have no issues with starting a wayland desktop.
7
8 Wayland won't work ON TOP OF X11. You can start X applications within
9 Wayland using XWayland (will be done automatically).
10 But trying to start wayland through startx will fail.
11