From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Process on server, print on client
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 18:40:49
1 > > > I'm currently processing orders one by one and I'd like to increase
2 > > > automation. I'm currently submitting an order number from my
3 > > > desktop to my server via firefox, and manually opening and printing
4 > > > the resultant receipt and shipping label. How would you guys
5 > > > suggest I set this up to batch so that I can process all orders
6 > > > with one click and have the resultant receipts and shipping labels
7 > > > print
8 > > > automatically, all at once? The printing part is what I'm having
9 > > > difficulty conceptualizing because I do all of my programming on
10 > > > the server side and the printing needs to happen on the client
11 > > > side. Not sure how to get those two working together. Both
12 > > > systems run Gentoo.
13 > >
14 > > Printing always on the same client? That's easy. CUPS can print over
15 > > the network. Configure a queue for that client on the server.
16
17 Got it. I just needed to set up the remote server like any other
18 client trying to use the cups print server. Thanks a lot.
19
20 - Grant
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list