From: Jesse Hannah <jesse.hannah@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KAlarm now broken -- suffers many SIGFPE alarms
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 20:08:31
1 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > It doesn't die. And it usually doesn't do it when I'm around, but when I
4 > come
5 > back to my system in the morning there are usually 200 or so crash dialogs
6 > waiting for me, all indicating the application suffered a SIGFPE (floating
7 > point error?). But it keeps on working anyway.
8 >
9 > Am I alone with this?
10 >
11 > ++ kevin
14 Probably not, depends on the version of KAlarm that you're using. But more
15 likely than anything else is that something didn't quite compile right when
16 you were emerging whatever KAlarm's parent package (kdepim?) is. I've had
17 that happen with other things such as xine-lib, and I've discovered that if
18 something keeps crashing re-emerging it (or its parent package, in KAlarm's
19 case) usually fixes the problem. And, a SIGFPE is the sort of thing that a
20 build problem would be the cause of.
21
22 General rule of thumb: If it crashes, rebuild it. :D
25 Jesse Hannah
26
27 Homepage: <http://everstar.hostultra.com/>
28 IRC Nick: FlakPenguin@Freenode
29 GPG Key: 0x78F156E7
30 Available on the keyservers (search the key or for "Jedi Web-Penguin")
31 or from <http://everstar.hostultra.com/jesse.asc>