From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Why is VGA card blacklisted in xorg-drivers???
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 04:48:49
1 I recently got an Acer Aspireone AO751h netbook. So I compile X, and
2 run startx, and get a fatal server error about "no screens found". See
3 attachment. So I try the old standby...
4 - add "VGA" to "VIDEO_CARDS" in /etc/make.conf
5 - try to "emerge xorg-drivers xf86-video-vga" (either together or
6 separately) and find that they block each other.
7
8 A bit of spelunking indicates that both available xorg-driver ebuilds
9 explicitly blacklist VGA, so I have nothing to fall back to. Thanks for
10 nothing fellas. Meanwhile, the microKnoppix "live CD" (actually on a
11 USB stick) has no problems running at 1024x768.
14 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>

Xorg.0.log text/plain