From: Nagatoro <nagatoro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages that do not compile.
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 06:21:10
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Montag, 7. Mai 2007, David Harel wrote:
3 [...]
4 >> I think at one point I tried to change gcc configuration (gcc-config) to
5 >> version 4.1.1 but if that is the only way I understand I will have to
6 >> reinstall everything.
7 >
8 > you don't need to reinstall everything just for upgrading gcc to 4.1.x. Please
9 > read the update guide.
10 >
11 > For your problem, I would try MAKEOPTS="-j1" first. Oh, and reset every
12 > LDFLAGS you might have set - what about emerge --info?
13
14 Also if you tried to upgrade and did compile some packages they
15 _might_ need to be recompiled. Some packages don't like different gcc
16 versions in their libs (or just kernel + modules?).
19 Naga
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list