From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Beyond-Gentoo question
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:23:24
1 <meino.cramer <at> gmx.de> writes:
4 > When makehuman is started it prints on the console:
5
6 I have no experience with this software...
9 > No antialiasing available, turning off antialiasing.
10 > No 24 bit z buffer available, switching to 16 bit.
11 > No 16 bit z buffer available, exiting.
12
13 This relates, most probably, to the lack of z-buffer support
14 in your video card hardware on linux. Here's a link on z buffer:
15
16 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-buffering
17
18 What's your video card and driver? Have you tried these
19 apps on another system with a different video card and driver?
20 Latest testing driver for the video card?
21
22 > I have no problems with other SDL-related executables. Blender (for
23 > example) is heavily using OpenGL and DRI and wirks fine under 64bit
24 > Gentoo linux.
25
26 Then this suggest your 'makehuman' application is male_formed? (guess).
27
28 > The output of glxinfo was sent to the developers of makehuman and they
29 > did not find anything suspicious.
30
31 SDL is always tricky, in my limited use (video games). Sometimes the libsdl work
32 with the app and sometimes they don't. I have not used it in a while. It could
33 also be a problem with the frame buffer setup on your system?
34 (another WAG, wild a__ guess).....
35
36 > May be someone here on this mailing list is able to point me into the
37 > right direction to fix this ?
38
39 maybe go over your compiler options with a fine tooth comb, use C and
40 not C++ and just one processor to compile libsdl and your apps.
41
42 (MAKEOPTS="-j1") .....Just another WAG.....
45 hth,
46
47 James
48 >