From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't login on Courier-imap server
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:19:29
1 On Wednesday 13 June 2007 03:38:58 Johannes Skov Frandsen wrote:
2 > I have installed Courier-imap on my server and I'm trying to test it,
3 > which is not going that well...
4 >
5 > When I try to telnet in to it I can connect but I can't log in.
6 >
7 > Am I using the right commands when I test?
8
9 Yes, but you are using the wrong format. All IMAP commands and responses are
10 prefixed by a 4-character string and a space. This way a command can have
11 multiple responses and multiple commands can be sent before the response for
12 the first is received. (The client matches responses to commands based on
13 matching prefixes.)
14
15 So, you'll probably want your first line to be something like:
16 AAAA login your_username
19 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
20 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
21 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
22 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/