From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tc filter add ... fails
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 10:34:05
1 On Wednesday 09 December 2015 11:56:39 Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2
3 > ... Also it is much better to write iptables / iproute /
4 > tc rules manually then using high level generators like shorewall —
5 > this will give you a good understanding on what is going on and how
6 > to optimize or tighten your setup.
7
8 I don't often disagree with a Gentoo dev, but if I were to attempt this I'd
9 certainly make a hash of it, and we're often told that a badly set up
10 firewall is worse than none.
11
12 I've been very happy with shorewall for many years and I intend to continue
13 with it.
16 Rgds
17 Peter