From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] xf86-video-intel-2.8 and compiz -> hard locks
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 12:07:25
1 Am I the only one experiencing this?
2
3 I upgraded xf86-video-intel to 2.8.0. After this and other upgrades I
4 noticed my X/GNOME/compiz session kept locking up. It took me a while
5 to deduce it down to the intel driver.
6
7 Basically what happens this.. shortly after going into X and launching
8 compiz the screen would just lock up. Most of the time the pointer
9 still moves and I can still hear audio if it's playing, but the display
10 does not update. I can ssh into the machine. If i then kill the
11 running compiz I see no difference. Compiz appears to die or at least
12 be in zombie state but no screen updates. Then if I kill the X server
13 the entire box locks up (ssh and all) and I have to hard reboot.
14
15 I've tried re-merging all my x11-drivers/ and also mesa and xorg-server,
16 but nothing seems to help. I've tried this on kernel 2.6.30 as well as
17 2.6.31-rc4. I haven't noticed any difference.
18
19 I downgraded xf86-video-intel to 2.7.1 and so far everything is fine.
20 Anyone else experienced this?
21
22 Hardware:
23 Lenovo ThinkPad R61 w/ Intel GM965.