From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -uD world: another obstacle
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 04:28:21
1 On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 18:20 -0800, maxim wexler wrote:
2 > > What does 'emerge -p qt' say?
3 > > I think it lists the use flags.
4 > > I think the 'threads' use flag should be something
5 > > else.
6 >
7 > I guess I wasn't clear. emerge -p qt doesn't mention
8 > 'threads' so I added it: USE="threads" emerge -v qt.
9 > According to the HOWTO or wiki or ? USE="threads" is
10 > legit. And portage didn't complain, but in the emerge
11 > log which usually re-iterates every command verbatim,
12 > USE="threads" is nowhere to be found.
13
14 $ equery u qt | grep -i thread
15 <nothing>
16
17 I assume therefore that qt doesn't have a threads use flag. Also, a
18 better way to specify a use flag than on the command line is
19 in /etc/portage/package.use.
20
21 If you say `emerge -va blah` you will see the use flags available, and
22 get prompted if you want to continue installing. quicker than `emerge
23 -p blah; emerge blah`
24
25 HTH,
29 Steal my cash, car and TV - but leave the computer!
30 -- Soenke Lange <soenke@××××××××××××.de>
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list