From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: managing 802.11a/b/g
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 18:42:04
1 »Q« <boxcars <at> gmx.net> writes:
4 > > Hopefully you can get it working because frankly there's not even a
5 > > close second on Linux for doing what it does.
6
7 > I read caillon's blog, and I've been excited about NetworkManager since
8 > I saw it announced there. I'm still too chicken to install it on a
9 > Gentoo system, though.
10
11 > Probably bug 154497 is enough to keep it hard masked. Reading
12 > through its bugs gives some good ideas about how to avoid problems,
13 > for anyone who wants to give it a try.
14
15 > <http://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=networkmanager>
18 Hello Q,
19
20 This is a little bit much for me to undertake. I'll have to wait
21 until NetManager is in testing.......
22
23 Do drop me a line if you find an overlay, or such that a (gentoo)
24 user can install..... or another, less feature rich alternaitve.
25
26 thanks,
29 James
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list