From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] uevent_helper on kernel 3.16.5-gentoo
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:06:40
1 On Friday 24 Oct 2014 12:47:14 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 12:36:44 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > I understand that udev needs or used to need uevent_helper, but I am
4 > > not clear if I should or should not enable this module in a new kernel
5 > > I'm rolling. Can you please advise:
6 > >
7 > >
8 > > CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER:
9 [snip ...]
10
11 > It's a legacy setting, introduced so you can turn off this feature.
12 > Presumably it defaults to Y for compatibility but I've been following the
13 > advice and running without it for some time now - on desktops and servers.
14
15 Thanks Neil, I didn't want to end up with failing to boot. Thanks again for a
16 quick response.
17
18 --
19 Regards,