From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X crashes, how to troubleshoot?
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 14:57:05
1 On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
2 > On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 01:21:01AM +0700, Ngoc Nguyen Bao wrote:
3 >> Seems that you also suffer problem with Intel driver and kernel
4 >> 2.6.32. Upgrade your xf86-video-intel to v2.11.0 may help.
5 >
6 > Actually, I am still on kernel 2.6.30; with .32 something's not quite
7 > right with the KMS and on boot my laptop's LCD is not detected. I'll
8 > try 2.11.0 to see if it also fixes my problem.
9 >
10 > Thanks,
11 >
12 > Willie
13 > --
14 > Willie W. Wong                                     wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
15 > Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
16 >         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton
20 You may know this already but the Intel Graphics email list is
21 populated with (among others) some of the Intel guys actually
22 developing and testing the drivers. When I was bringing up my i5-661
23 machine they were very responsive in solving the few (and I think less
24 severe) problems that I was having. They were pretty much right on top
25 of what packages I needed to run to solve problems with my hardware.
26
27 You might give them a try. It's a low volume list.
28
29 http://intellinuxgraphics.org/
30
31 Good luck,