From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm problem(s)NOT-FIXED
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 16:15:52
1 On Wednesday 17 June 2009 17:44:22 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > > > I never said you don't want hotplugging. Set rc_hotplug to
3 > >
4 > > you said "automatic" hotplugging; is that something else?
5 >
6 > I explained that in my previous post, Alan was referring to desktop
7 > hotplugging, like mounting removable devices when they are connected, a
8 > completely different use of the same word.
9
10 The only reason I brought up a desktop system is that I've found Ubuntu to be
11 a very reliable distro for finding out which *kernel modules* are actually
12 needed - because it does convenient "automagic stuff" and does it right.
13
14 The fact that it's aligned around desktop users is of no significance here,
15 but looking back, it would be easy to miss that bit.
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com