From: "Johám-Luís Miguéns Vila" <galiza.ceive@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What do I do about slocate 3.1/2.7 ?
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 08:25:50
1 On 22:27 Fri 21 Apr , Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:24:11 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
3 >
4 > > > su -c "ebuild /path/to/slocate-2.7-r8.ebuild digest;emerge --verbose
5 > > > --ask slocate"
6 >
7 > or even "emerge --verbose --ask --digest slocate"
8
9 Didn't know about '--digest' switch... As I'm playing with some CVS/SVN
10 overlays it's really useful for me.
11
12 > > But do an emerge --sync first. The most likely cause of this is that
13 > > your last sync was done while the server was being updated, and you
14 > > got the updated manifest but not the ebuild. These kinds of problems
15 > > are almost always fixed by a new sync. Using the digest command is
16 > > overkill.
17 >
18 > Not to mention potentially dangerous. If the digest mismatch is a fault
19 > in portage, a sync will usually fix it. But if it is due to a compromised
20 > archive, redigesting removes that safety check.
23 Yes, It was definitely a bad bad answer by me. The "Files listed in the
24 manifest do not exist" claims for a resync and not for a redigest.
25 I rarely has sync issues . Whenever I had digest issues they were related to SVN/CVS overlays,
26 so redigesting is safe there, AFAIK.
27 My apologies to thread starter.
28
29 Cheers.
30 --
31 A ouvir (mpd): Dirty Three - Jim's Dog
32 - GPG KeyID:0x9D2FD6C8