From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] rsync local mirror question
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 15:48:44
1 On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 11:07:14PM +0100, Michael wrote
2 >
3 > No, you shouldn't have to do any such thing. Just make sure you
4 > have set up in your '/etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf' the correct
5 > rsync mirror and commented out the server on the Internet; e.g.:
6
7 OK, I tried it on my other used Lenovo laptop (thimk2) and it works.
8 But "inquiring minds want to know"...
9
10 * In your instructions '/etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo.conf' is the file
11 to change sync-uri in (and it works).
12
13 * In https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Local_Mirror the file to change is
14 given as /etc/portage/repos.conf/gentoo-mirror.conf There is no such
15 file on my system. Should I file a documentation bug?
18 I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe; Gopher, Netscape with
19 frames, the first Browser Wars. Searching for pages with AltaVista,
20 pop-up windows self-replicating, trying to uninstall RealPlayer. All
21 those moments, will be lost in time like tears in rain... time to die.