From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Messed up - how do I emerge coreutils once coreutils is gone?
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 20:13:30
1 Justin wrote:
2 > Why are you doing things without knowing about the consequences?
3 > Always ask before you are doing things which could be stupid!!!
4 >
5 I think you're being a little harsh. :-) Usually, unmerging a package
6 that is blocking another package has, in my limited experience, always
7 solved the problem. I probably would have fallen victim to this had I
8 not been reading the problems that others have had.
9
10 No matter, my intention is not to start a war and this is too late for
11 the people that have already caused themselves grief by removing
12 coreutils. However, once I read the problems that others have
13 encountered when they did this, I searched the forums. A post from
14 earlier this year saved my butt! This is the command that was suggested
15 and worked fine for me:
16
17 emerge -C mktemp && emerge -uavDNt world
18
19 Hopefully, it will help others who have not yet become Gentoo gurus.
20
21 Regards,
22
23 Colleen.