From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: backup & restore solution?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:46:19
1 Chris Cox <yeahsowhat <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > > I am now looking for some sort of backup & restore solution which would
6 > > help me to get my gentoo-server up and running after fatal disk failure.
7 > > I want to burn at regular intervals compressed partition images of disk
8 > > on internal dvd/rw/ram (4.5 GB should be enough for archiving the whole
9 > > disk, without /home partition).
10
11 emerge -s amanda
12 www.amanda.org
13
14 Amanda is a very stable and mature backup technology for all sorts of
15 different needs. Once setup Amanda can do anything you want
16 to do. It also supports a wide variety of devices.
17
18 It's a good way to impress a company/boss where a company has suffered
19 from less than robust backup/restore capabilities......
20
21 It may be overkill, but, a network backup solution is a good thing to
22 have. You can even backup a friend's machine.
23
24 James
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list