From: mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to flash an LSI SAS controller from IR to IT mode on linux with sas2flsh
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 00:02:50
1 A virtual machine is useful largely because it isolates the VM from the real hardware, therefore it's not likely you can update firmware from a VM (you really shouldn't be able to).
2
3 The reason they still want us to upgrade with dos is it's a lowest common denominator, i.e. every one has it or can get it (freedos).  it also helps that it's a minimal enviroment.
4
5 In any case, I suggest you run a REAL freedos on a Real machine, so that you can update real not virtual firmware.  i.e. no Virtual Machine.
6
7 mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)
8 --
9 God bless the rich, the greedy and the corrupt politicians they have put into office.   God bless them for helping me do the right thing by giving the rich my little pile of cash.  After all, the rich know what to do with money.