From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] svn tools only
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:09:43
1 2010/7/20 <fajfusio@××.pl>:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > Is it possible to emerge svn tools only.
5 >
6 > I mean I want to check out sources, commit modifications. I don't want to
7 > have the repository intalled on my machine.
8 >
9 > If it is possible what package should I install ?
10 >
11 > thanks for help
12
13 If you install subversion package doesn't mean you have repository on
14 your machine. You can make one if you want. The package contains the
15 binary files to do a repo if you want and contains the binary files to
16 use svn for example: commit, update, etc.
17
18 Gentoo doesn't split packages as Debian.
21 - -
22 --  Csanyi Andras  -- http://sayusi.hu -- Sayusi Ando
23 --  "Bízzál Istenben és tartsd szárazon a puskaport!".-- Cromwell