From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc unmerged by accident
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:29:03
1 "de Almeida, Valmor F." <dealmeidav@××××.gov> writes:
2
3 > I am thinking that to fix this I will have to boot from a cd and emerge
4 > glibc.
5
6 I do not think it will be that simple. The problem is that once you
7 chroot to /mnt/gentoo all subsequent commands (including emerge and gcc)
8 will be looking for /lib/libc.so.6 and /lib/ld-linux.so.2 neither of
9 which will be present following an unmerge of glibc.
10
11 If you have a binary glibc package, then you could untar it into
12 /mnt/gentoo while booted from the CD. Otherwise I suspect that you will
13 either have to find a binary glibc package on the internet or rebuild
14 your system from a stage3 tarball in the usual way.
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list