From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LibreOffice 3.4.4: required HDD space
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:53:42
1 Am Sonntag 20 November 2011, 11:09:05 schrieb v_2e@×××.net:
2 > Hello!
3 > I decided to upgrade LibreOffice this week to the verstion 3.4.4.
4 > Before trying to build this package, emerge performed the pre-check
5 > of available space on my hard disk - 9GB. I did have this amount of
6 > free space on the drive, but I noticed that after about 8 hours of
7 > compiling it took only ~4 GB on my HDD. First of all, I thought that it
8 > was compiling *really* slowly and that it hadn't even made a half of
9 > the job. However, after about a half an hour it finished with success
10 > and I noticed that altogether it took about 4.5 GB on HDD.
11 > So it checked 9GB (and earlier versions of LO indeed needed almost
12 > such amount of free space), but took only as much as 4.5 GB.
13 >
14 > The question is: why?
18 > P.S. Today I tried to install LO v.3.4.4 on the machine with about 6 GB
19 > of free space. Emerge performed its regular pre-check and refused to
20 > build the package. I changed the
21 > CHECKREQS_DISK_BUILD="9G"
23 > CHECKREQS_DISK_BUILD="5G"
24 > in "libreoffice-3.4.4.2-r1.ebuild" and everything went fine.
25 >
26 > Regards,
27 > Vladimir
28 >