From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unclear (to me) errors from portage
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 10:03:15
1 J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > On Thursday, August 07, 2014 11:33:34 PM gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
4 > > I was away for two weeks and now one of my systems cannot be updated due
5 > > to conflicts. The entire (long) emerge output is at the end of
6 > > this msg.
9 > > ------------------ The first conflict is -------------------
10 >
11 > <snipped long list of conflicts>
12 >
13 > I notice a few perl blockers.
14 > You could try the following:
15 >
16 > # emerge -vuD1 $(qlist -IC 'virtual/perl-*')
17 > # perl-cleaner --all -v -- -v
18 >
19 > And then retry to update world.
20 > I've been encountering some perl blockages myself, and this cleared it up for
21 > me.
22 If I encounter an update of Perl like that, I always do it first and do
23 the perl-cleaner thing before anything else. Otherwise portage will
24 crap out soon after the perl update is done because it seems to
25 automatically use the newer version before perl-cleaner is run.
29 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
30 How do
31 you spend it?
32
33 John Covici