From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question re: profiles
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:58:25
1 Colleen Beamer wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > This may be a stupid question, but hey, better safe than sorry.
5 >
6 > I'm updating my laptop, which I haven't used in a while. After syncing,
7 > I went to update and got a message saying that my arch was not set
8 > asking whether my profile was linked correctly. It wasn't, so I fixed
9 > that.
10 >
11 > /etc/make.profile is a symlink to
12 > /usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2006.1 (or whatever)
13 >
14 > Is it safe to remove older profiles?
15 >
16 > Regards,
17 >
18 > Colleen
21 I think the profiles are updated when you sync, which is why you got
22 that error message. You may want to either sync again or run emerge
23 --metadata one. I seem to recall running into this and it can't update
24 the database without that link being correct. The metadata part should
25 fix it.
26
27 That said, someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
28
29 Dale
30
34 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967