From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTDIR_OVERLAY in make.conf has no effect anymore?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 10:42:39
1 On 16/03/2015 12:07, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > since a few days when I configured /etc/repos.conf the setting of
5 > PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/portage/make.conf
6 > seems to get ignored.
7 >
8 > I have some overlays here (installed by layman)
9 > but I don't wont all of these to be considered for updating
10 > when I say emerge -auv ..
11 >
12 > Previously, I could manage which overlays were considered by setting
13 > the PORTDIR_OVERLAY in /etc/portage/make.conf
14 >
15 > This doesn't work anymore.
16 >
17 > What did I miss?
18 >
19 > Many thanks for a hint,
20 > Helmut
25 Read the news item publish on 2 Feb 2015 called
26 "New portage plug-in sync system"
27
28 The variable you want is auto-sync= [yes|no]
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com