From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -u world won't update kde metapackages
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:58:58
1 Thank you everyone!
2
3 I have now discovered that my problem was that I still had some monolithic kde
4 packages hanging around alongside the metapackages (e.g. kdeedu instead of
5 kdeedu-meta). I think I'd been unmerging them one at a time and didn't get
6 around to finishing the job. Now that I have done so emerge -u world seems
7 to be catching the kde updates the way it should.
8 --
9 Robert Persson
10
11 "Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
12 (US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list