From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't get Xorg going on Radeon HD R730 4670
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 18:27:02
1 On Saturday 06 March 2010 16:08:05 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Samstag 06 März 2010, Mick wrote:
3 > > I first tried radeonhd, but Xorg.0.log complained that it couldn't find
4 > > the ati module, so I added radeon in VIDEO_CARDS and it now comes up with
5 > > this error:
6 > > ===========================================
7 > > (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/dri/r600_dri.so failed
8 > > (/usr/lib64/dri/r600_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
9 > > or directory)
10 > > (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
11 > > ===========================================
12 > >
13 > > Have you seen this before? Any idea what I should tweak now to get this
14 > > going?
15 >
16 > mesa. You need to install mesa with the right flags.
17
18 Thanks Volker,
19
20 I had installed mesa with the radeon flag already, but now I just
21 unmasked/updated it to 2.4.8 and the above error is gone!
22
23 However, still no X. :-(
24
25 I have also added mouse and synaptics, after initially trying with only evdev
26 in my INPUT_DEVICES. So now it looks like this:
27
28 INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse synaptics evdev"
29
30 When I added synaptics I got an error about RECORD being disabled because it
31 is broken. I attach my logs in case there is something in there showing why
32 this is not working and I can't see it.
33
34 I can't explain why both Knoppix and Sysrescue CDs work fine and my Gentoo
35 build does not. I even used their xorg.conf as a guide and still no joy. I
36 noticed this message (with no xorg.conf):
37 ========================================
38 (II) Cannot locate a core pointer device.
39 (II) Cannot locate a core keyboard device.
40 (II) The server relies on HAL to provide the list of input devices.
41 If no devices become available, reconfigure HAL or disable AutoAddDevices.
43 but I am not sure how I can reconfigure HAL.
44
45 Any suggestions before I rip all this out and have a go at the ATI proprietary
46 drivers is most welcome.
47 --
48 Regards,
49 Mick