From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] make -j <n> for kernel builds?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 17:38:06
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [16-10-31 18:36]:
2 > Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > from ancient times ;) I remember, that it is not advisable
6 > > to compile a linux kernel with more than one cpu core.
7 > >
8 > > Is that still true, or is it save to compile it with
9 > > "all you can eat" ::)) ?
10 > >
11 > > Cheers
12 > > Meino
16 > While I don't upgrade my kernel very often, since I don't reboot often
17 > either, I've used -j 6 for my 4 core CPU for a long time. I'm pretty
18 > sure I've done that ever since I built this rig. So far, no problems
19 > that I have seen.
20 >
21 > Dale
22 >
26 Great! Currently rebuilding the kernel with '-j7 ' :)
27
28 Cheers
29 Meino