From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problem w/ portage tmp on nfs
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 19:25:31
1 On 7/4/06, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi folks,
4 >
5 > my gentoo-driven notebook has just a small harddisk, so moved
6 > /var/tmp/portage to an nfs volume (directly mounted there).
7 > This produces really strange problems, if the directory is
8 > empty: portage cannot create the directory ../$pkg/temp,
9 > but $pkg/ and several things beyond are created. Portage
10 > aborts with an exception.
11 >
12 > I suspect some permission problem.
13 >
14 > Strange: when unmounting it, starting portage until it has created
15 > the sourcetree, moving it away, remounting and moving the already-
16 > prepared sourcetree to the now mounted nfs dir, works fine, also
17 > with other packages following.
20 > Does anyone have an idea what this can be ?
23 I have some portage stuff mounted with nfs, the only way for portage
24 to work with those dirs was to set "no_root_squash" at /etc/exports at
25 the host machine... I don't know why, even with full permissions,
26 portage refused to work.
27
28 But I was warned at the NFS howto that this kind of administrative
29 task would require this... So, I just setup some firewall rules and
30 enhanced security a bit...
33 Daniel da Veiga
34 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
40 --