From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to easily find out what USE flags are redundant in make.conf and package.use?
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2011 14:56:40
1 On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 08:50:41 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > That said, I'm going to try USE="-perl -python" emerge
4 > -Nav world and see what pukes on my keyboard.
5 >
6 > Also, I think a lot of things required python and/or perl back when I
7 > added the flag.
8
9 If they require Perl or Python, you won't have the perl or python USE
10 flag. That's for optional choices, which usually means building language
11 bindings with these flags.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Taglines are like cars - You get a good one, then someone nicks it.