From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} anyone tried egroupware?
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 12:02:12
1 On Friday, December 21, 2012 12:35:11 PM Daniel Troeder wrote:
2 > On 21.12.2012 12:19, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 > > On Friday, December 21, 2012 11:33:49 AM Daniel Troeder wrote:
4 > >> On 21.12.2012 06:13, J. Roeleveld wrote:
5 > >>> Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > >>>> Has anyone tried egroupware? Any opinions on it?
7 > >>>
8 > >>> Yes. I have been using the community version for several years.
9 > >>
10 > >> +1
11 > >>
12 > >> Works good with (user)groups, important modules are well integrated into
13 > >> each other (f.e.: you can link objects from address book, file manager
14 > >> or project manager to a calendar entry as an attachment), easy to
15 > >> install, fine granular permission system, sync through carddav, ical,
16 > >> caldav, webdav works, but feels kind of limited, activesync only in
17 > >> commercial version, works also with php-fcgi, devs help in community
18 > >> forum.
19 > >
20 > > Syncml works as well with the synthesis client on my Android phone.
21 >
22 > hmm... nice... a question:
23 > If a calendar entry has invitaions to multiple users and some categories
24 > are selected, und you change that entry on your phone, will the
25 > invitaions and categories be preserved or reset?
26
27 Not entirely certain, there are multiple options to change on phone and on
28 server side.
29 I only create entries with invitations when logged in to the server.
30 I tend to mostly read the appointments on the phone and to add single-person
31 (me) entries on the phone that then get moved to the server.
32
33 The different options make it difficult to check everything and is one of the
34 reasons the Activesync option in the commercial version is so attractive.
37 Joost