From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange blocks b behavior
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:01:18
1 On Wednesday 30 April 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > USE="doc" adds extra documentation, usually API information
4 > for programmers, which is why it is rarely needed globally. The doc
5 > flag increases the dependencies of some packages, sometimes
6 > massively.
7
8 Thanks Neil, thanks a lot for mentioning that. Now I have horrifying
9 images burned into my brain of doxygen, openjade, SGML and DTDs
10 lumbering out of holes in the ground and slithering towards me,
11 zombie-like, hell bent on devouring me whole and consigning my soul to
12 oblivion.
13
14 "USE=doc" is truly the stuff of which nightmares are made.
15
16 /me lumbers off in search of mind-altering substances with depressant
17 side-effects....
18
19 :-)
22 Alan McKinnon