From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bcachefs
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 18:36:21
On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 1:51 PM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
> > Anyone tested/ deployed bcachefs on gentoo yet? > > @rich added to your btrfs howtos? > > It looks very, very cool!
My sense is that it could be a while before this becomes usable. From the list post it doesn't yet support snapshots, or multiple devices, and the disk format isn't stable (which isn't the most important thing, but it is a big milestone). But, I'm all for having more options. It just seems like there is a lot of hype - people talk about it like it is done. I'm not sure at the data model level how it compares to ZFS/btrfs, and what advantages/disadvantages it might have. Obviously it supports bcache, which is something. I'd really like to see something like that become possible with btrfs (without implementing it as a separate layer underneath). -- Rich