From: John Helmert III <jchelmertt3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo's Python policy drives me crazy
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 19:06:47
1 On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 08:00:41PM +0100, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > To emerge the Python2.7 package (Scribus) I do need to set
3 > PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"
4 > in /etc/portage/make.conf
5 > which makes the whole update fail since the other packages needs
6 > PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_8"
7
8 You do not need to set anything in make.conf to build individual
9 packages.
10
11 For something like app-office/scribus you can put something like this in
12 `/etc/portage/package.use`:
13
14 app-office/scribus python_targets_python2_7
15
16 The issue of conflicting single targets solves itself if you don't set
17 these options globally (in make.conf) and instead set them per-package
18 as needed.