From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Me-TV> Problems with video quality
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 12:12:03
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> [14-12-07 11:36]:
2 > On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 10:30:37 +0100, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > I am using Me-TV to (try to) watch DVB-T broadcasts.
5 > >
6 > > And I am fighting against blocky artefacts and the stuttering of sound
7 > > an d video.
8 >
9 > That sounds like the result of a poor quality signal. Have you tried
10 > using different software to view the video to rule that out before trying
11 > to fix something that may not be broken?
14 > --
15 > Neil Bothwick
16 >
17 > Keyboard: (n.) a device used by programmers to write software for a mouse
18 > or joystick and by operators for playing games such as 'word processing.'
19
20 Hi Neil,
21
22 VLC:
23 I tried vlc with mixed results: Some broadcasts are played well but
24 switching/zapping to others failed, where Me-TV has no problem
25 (regarding zapping...video quality is poor).
26
27 Mplayer/SMplayer:
28 As far as I can tell...no problems
29
30 Xine:
31 Hangs...nothing...dead
32
33 But all of them have a poor interface: There nothing more
34 as the name of the broadcaster...no EPG or else.
35
36 This is were Me-TV shines...if only the viodeo would be better...
37
38 Best regards,
39 Meino