From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] depclean wants to remove qt-4.4.2
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:47:27
1 Marc Blumentritt schrieb am 21.03.2009 14:33:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > when I run emerge -p --depclen, I get these results:
5 >
6 > [...]
7 >>>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:
8 >
9 > x11-libs/qt
10 > selected: 4.4.2
11 > protected: none
12 > omitted: 3.3.8b-r1
13 >
14 > x11-libs/qt-assistant
15 > selected: 4.4.2-r1
16 > protected: none
17 > omitted: none
18 >
19 > x11-libs/qt-xmlpatterns
20 > selected: 4.4.2
21 > protected: none
22 > omitted: none
23 > [...]
24 >
25 > Can someone explain me this?
28 Yeah these packages are not needed by others anymore. If you really
29 want/need them which i doubt you can put x11-libs/qt into the world file.
30
31 Starting with qt-4.4 the ebuild has been split up into components.
32 x11-libs/qt is just a meta ebuild nothing needs to depend on.
33 Dependencies are set upon the components. So if you really want all qt
34 stuff even if you do not need parts of it put x11-libs/qt in your world
35 file.
36
37 Regards,
38