From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Resize /
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:42:30
1 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Dienstag, 21. November 2006 06:55 schrieb ext Dale:
3 >
4 > If you decide to use LVM:
7 > With EVMS:
8 > emerge evms
9 > run evmsn or evmsgui
10 > create the partitions (segments), using the DOS segment manager.
11 > create a volume group (container), using the LVM2 plugin (here you see that
12 > to some extend, EVMS is just an umbrella for everything storage related).
13 > create logical volumes (regions), again using the LVM2 plugin.
14 > (optionally) turn the LVs into EVMS volumes (you can do this with every
15 > storage object, to get consistant naming,
16 > like /dev/evms/root, /dev/evms/usr, etc.).
19 >> Can I also assume the 2006 Gentoo CD supports this? You also realize
22 > Yes. Both LVM and EVMS are on the Gentoo LiveCD.
25 >> Thanks for the help. Links are welcome. I try to read as much as I can.
28 > http://evms.sourceforge.net is the one I would recommend.
29 >
30 > Bye...
31 >
32 > Dirk
33 >
34 OK. Let me see if I get some of this now. Probably not but I have to
35 start somewhere. I create hda1 and hda2 using cfdisk like usual. Then
36 use the evmsgui to create the rest. I'll stop there for a while. See
37 if I am on the right track so far. I'm going to play with hdb for a bit
38 first. See if I can get it to boot up.
39
40 I plan to make it boot without the initrd thing if I can. I have read
41 of folks having "issues" with it for some reason. My luck is not that
42 good.
43
44 I have the kernel made but I hate loosing my 3 weeks of uptime. Oh, I
45 also noticed that webmin supports LVM. It don't like EVMS though. I
46 get a boo boo message. Oh well.
47
48 Thanks
49