From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard drive error from SMART
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:21:52
1 On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 13:45:39 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> What is crypttab?  I type in the command manually.
4 > > Then use a shell alias, even less typing.
5 >
6 > I've done a couple basic alias things here but never grasped it enough
7 > to do anything beyond making ls run with -al each time.  I think there
8 > is another one I did but it was long ago.  I'd have to dig to find it.
9
10 alias docrypt='cryptsetup whatever you normally type'
11
12 Put that in your profile and you can then mount open the encrypted drives
13 by typing docrypt. And if your setup changes, you change the alias but the
14 command you type stays the same.
15
16 Or you could use a shell script to open and mount with one command.
17
18 #!/bin/sh
19 cryptsetup whatever
20 mount whatever
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Celery is not food. It is a member of the plywood family.