From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how can I execute a bash command afterebuild is over
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 21:43:24
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 02/08/2014 23:15, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > OK, here is my problem -- I want to execute a command before and another
5 > > command after an ebuild. I see how to execute a command before using
6 > > /etc/portage/env/category/packagename, but I can't figure out to execute
7 > > something after the ebuild is done. Basically, I need to change the
8 > > opengl interface during the compile of webkit-gtk, otherwise I get this
9 > > hanging process.
10 > >
11 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
15 > A short nasty way would be something like
16 >
17 > emerge whatever && killall <name of hung process>
18 >
19 > A more elegant way is to copy the ebuild to a local overlay and modify
20 > it. You should override an appropriate phase like src_* or pkg_*
21 >
22 > https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/ebuild/index.html
25 > I don't know of any portage hook called after an ebuild is complete,
26 > same as there isn't one called before. /etc/portage/env isn't that, it
27 > just luckily coincidentally happens to be used before ebuilding starts.
28
29 OK, thanks. I want this to work during an update world and of course
30 the ebuild changes on almost every update, but I guess I am stuck.
31
32 Thanks again for your quick reply.
35 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
36 How do
37 you spend it?
38
39 John Covici