From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 22:58:52
1 On 6/23/2011 6:22 PM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 22 June 2011 16:50:10 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> If you use KDE like me, be prepared to put the thing back tho. Some KDE
5 >> packages depend on things that seem to need it enabled.
6 >
7 > Looks like it's only packages that are pulled in by kdeedu-meta. Do you need
8 > all those?
11 It's one package (cantor) that has one dependency (R) that is optional
12 (USE=-R) that falls squarely into the "if you aren't sure if you need it
13 then you probably don't" category. So for most users, no, you don't need
14 to build gcc with fortran. Dale's just playing it safe, I guess, after
15 the admittedly scary "I'm all broken and stuff!" warning message cantor
16 throws at you.
17
18 --Mike