From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Konsole question
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 15:10:20
1 When an URL appears in a console, it is usually possible to R-click,
2 then choose 'open link' & a browser(-tab) opens for that link.
3 With Xfce's Terminal, it opens in a running instance of Firefox.
4 With KDE's Konsole, it opens Konqueror, which I don't usually have running.
5
6 However, since around KDE 4.7.1 & continuing in 4.8.0 ,
7 the version of Konqueror which opens is the file browser,
8 which I never otherwise use & which is useless for this purpose.
9 Clearly, what sb opened is Konqueror in browser mode.
10
11 Has anyone else encountered this problem ?
12 I've tried to find where the browser to open is configured, but can't.
13 Have I missed a setting somewhere or is this a KDE bug I should report ?
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca